From an intuition of Mr. Mariano Rosina, the Fracaro Artistic Foundry was born in Vicenza in 1949, which saw its first commitment in the processing of bronze and marble to create sacred images. The fusion of sacred parameters began with a classic sand foundry where simple and two-dimensional castings were obtained. Over the years it became clear that this type of foundry was in short supply: there was no possibility of producing the three-dimensional object, the "statue". The merger with the "lost wax" system represented the right evolution of the company and pigeonholed the missing piece to be an artistic foundry in its entirety. It was still the years of reconstruction and the work was an artisan expression, which was well suited to the characteristic of the production process and the type of collaboration with the sculptor-model maker.
It is from this close link between sculptor and smelter that the idea arose that this type of fusion represents itself an art to which the sculptor relies to better obtain the expressive meaning he wants to communicate.